1. Am I required to submit a Mortgage Call Report (MCR) through NMLS?
Companies that hold a state license or state registration through NMLS will be required to complete an MCR. Review the State MCR Requirements Chart for state-specific details.
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Seller/Servicers or Ginnie Mae Issuers must submit an Expanded MCR. Companies should complete either the Expanded or Standard MCR, not both for any period.
2. What do I have to submit in the MCR?
The MCR contains two components:
- Residential Mortgage Loan Activity (RMLA) – This component collects application, closed loan, individual mortgage loan originator (MLO), Line of Credit, servicing, and repurchase information by state
- Financial Condition (FC) – This component collects financial information at the company level; it does not have to be completed for each state
3. When does the MCR need to be submitted?
- RMLA – Due quarterly, within 45 days of the end of the calendar quarter
- Q1 data (January 1 - March 31) is due May 15
- Q2 data (April 1 - June 30) is due August 14
- Q3 data (July 1 - September 30) is due November 14
- Q4 data (October 1 - December 31) is due February 14
- FC for standard filers – Due annually, within 90 days of your company’s Fiscal Year End as reported in the Company (MU1) Form
- FC for expanded filers – Due quarterly at the same time as the RMLA
4. How do I get prepared?
Download an MCR Sample and the Field Definitions to review all of the fields required in the RMLA and FC components of the MCR. The practice worksheet has been designed to help you prepare and complete your quarterly MCR filings.
Important Information on Upcoming Changes to the MCR
Revisions to the MCR were proposed during the public comment process for Prposal 2018-1. Once implemented, the revised MCR will no longer have separate standard and expanded forms. All MCR filers will use the same form, Form Version 6 (FV6).
When filling out the new form, the system will present the user with only the MCR sections relevant to their company's indicated business activities. To see which sections correspond to which business activities, please see this MCR business activity mapping table.
The definitions and instructions for FV6, as well as a sample form, are included below.
Sample MCR filings by business model:
5. How do I Submit the MCR?
The MCR must be submitted under the Filing Tab in NMLS. The guides in the resources section on the top right of this page will walk you through creating and completing the MCR through NMLS.